Hey all of my Kaleo buds! I thought I would give everyone a bit of an update on what I have been doing in my few weeks at home. Things have been pretty quiet around here as of late things have started to settle down now that I've been home for about 3 weeks now. I guess I'll start from the very first day of getting back from Kaleo. As soon as we left the ferry terminal I knew that Kaleo was over, yes I know it took forever for it to hit me. As most of you know, I was a hardcore gamer before I left for Kaleo. I am happy to say that, gaming is no longer my thing. 2 days after being home I went and deleted my character of a game that was wasting my life and my money. Soon after I "officially" gave my Xbox 360 to my brothers. After the video gaming had stopped I chose to continue the media fast and stayed away from the television (except for the Canucks games which I have a feeling won't last much longer). Anyways, I have taken to the outside world and started to see the wonder around the towns of Ladner and Tsawwassen. In my adventures I have somehow pulled myself into the world of dancing and now I am learning how to swing dance. If any of you ever get the chance to swing dance do it, it is so much fun. I have learned so much about being like King David and how he suffered humbly and silently through things. Not having really anyone here at home to talk to has been hard but rewarding for me. Although I have had to face several problems that were waiting for me when I returned from Kaleo, the teaching I had received from God through our classes and all of you I have been able to solve these problems in a way that lined up with Scripture. one example of this would be several years ago me and one of my oldest friends just simply stopped talking and the reason why I never went back to talk to him was because I found it awkward. But yesterday God granted me the courage to fight through my own fears and I repaired the friendship with that friend. Although things are going good I could still use prayer for things. Firstly, I still have not heard anything about the scholarship that I applied for at Briercrest, without that scholarship I will not be able to afford school next year and will have to take out a huge loan. Please pray that God's will is done in whether I get the scholarship or not. Also some of you heard that I was applying to be a torchbearer for the Olympics. I have not heard anything about it and at most times I'm pretty calm about it. I ask that you could all pray that whatever the outcome is I can stay calm and at peace about it. Also Boys, our fort talk is coming to mind more and more often please pray that I can stick to our commitment in hard times. Thanks everyone for praying for me and I really miss everyone! (I even miss my arguments with Ben :P)
2 comments:
i don't need to be in the same room to argue with you wincup.
..dude have faith in vancouver!!!!! i hope they make it to the next round!!!
and good on yah about the gaming!!!!
swing dancing eh? ull have to teach me no joke...and learn how to throw a girl up in the air! that would be so sick!!!
later josh, ill be praying for yah!
Post a Comment