Monday, May 11, 2009

From the Qwanoes Rec Office...

Hello Friends!
Well, I'm now writing you from the lovely Recreation Office at Camp Qwanoes. After returning to Camp from being home in Victoria this weekend (for a bachelorette party), it was back to work for today. Today we did a full inventory on everything in the Climbing Tower, which was pretty productive. From the window beside me I have an incredible view of the ocean, and the sun beaming down on the fields. Seeing this place empty of Kaleo's really makes me miss all of you though, I must admit. It has been a hard transition from Kaleo, to home, and back to Camp. After a tough week or so, it seems as if things have finally settled. I feel a lot more comfortable to spend time by myself, I think because I'm still trying to process a lot of what happened at Kaleo. One of my roommates is wanting to apply for Kaleo 7, and I keep telling her how incredible it is :)
So, I'm not sure if any of you know, but they found a Challenge Course leader! Praise the Lord! The guy that did it last year decided to come back, and it couldn't have been more by God's providence, or in better timing. He's a pretty rad guy too! With each day that passes I'm getting more and more excited about what God wants to do through me this summer, and all of the staff here. It is incredible watching and praying as God continues to form the staff team that is going to be serving here this summer. I feel very privileged to be a part of it.
I was really hoping to have time to stay more in contact with each one of you, but we no longer have phones in our rooms (I'm living in 310, in Jordana's bed. It's really wierd, and there are still streamers attached to the lightshade from when the girls threw Daneille a surprise birthday party). Not only do we not have phones, but there isn't any wireless internet. In fact, because of the ammount of people, they've cut all the internet except for the internet in the computer rooms. After working all day, we usually have events which means very little time to have computer access. So, my sincerest apologies for not keeping in touch. Know that I want to with my whole heart.
Well, I have to run because it's almost dinner time, but I miss you all! Love you dearly,
Ameals.
P.s. A lot of people have randomly started calling me "Ameals" or "Meals" and it makes me miss you guys so much... No one ever called me that before Kaleo really.

1 comment:

Daneille Dirk said...

Awe Amelia, its so good to hear that things are falling into place and becoming easier! That is so sweet that you now get to enjoy our room! I wish you many good memories there (Oh those streamers what amazing roomies I had!) Well Amelia I am so stoked to hear how everything continues to go for you at camp as I'm sure if you're still the same Amelia you will definitely be blogging to keep us updated! haha. God bless you and I will be thinking about you and the rest of the fam as you prepare for the summer!