Sunday, May 3, 2009
The Flake...
Good afternoon family. I trust that you are all well and staying out of trouble. I have to talked to a few people about this, but this seemed like the most practical way of making it common knowledge. Most people know that I was offered a job in Lloydminster this summer spraying weeds on the rigs. I was supposed to leave this morning, but after a few days of wrestling with a very negative feeling, I decided not to go.....at 3:15 last night. Yes, I am aware that I flaked out, but I hope tat you wont hold it against me. In all honesty, I couldn't live with my motivation to go there. All I wanted was money. Everything else about it was motivation NOT to do it. I know that I should have reached this decision earlier, but I am ready to face the consequences. This may seem like an odd request, but if you could, please pray for the company I was going to work for. The man that I talked to and who hired me is a very nice man, and was very gracious with me. Please pray that the company would not be shorthanded and put into a tight spot and that my almost boss would not be put in a bad light. That is all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
5 comments:
Sounds like the right choice man. I'll be in prayer for that company that things will work out well. I'm praying for you too bro. I guess you have to find a new plan of attack for the summer eh? let us know what you get up to. love you brother.
Flake... of STEEL! To be honest, I was a little concerned about this job for you. I'm proud of you for sorting through your priorities. "Seek for God's kingdom and his righteousness, and ALL THESE THINGS will be given to you as well." There is something more lasting than money for you to do this summer (go grab it!), and I'm pretty sure that God will also come through with the money in the end.
Jono, I agree with these two wise men. I think you made the right choice, for sure. You're in my prayers, and like Paul said, keep us posted on what you plan to do for the summer.
We love you!
PERFECT! Now you can come to Frontier and chill with me!
Jono,
Thank you for letting us all know! I will be praying for you tons and tons and maybe now you can work at camp eh?!? eh?!?! lol j/k. Much love to you brother!
Post a Comment